- Congestive heart failure: doses range from 6-20 grams per day, as three divided doses.
- Organic erectile dysfunction (ED): 5 grams per day. Taking lower doses might not be effective.
- Preventing inflammation of the digestive tract in premature infants: 260 mg/kg added to oral feedings daily for the first 30 days of life.
- Chest pain associated with coronary artery disease (angina pectoris): 3-6 grams three times per day for up to one month.
- Preventing the loss of the effectiveness of nitroglycerin in relieving pain in people with chest pain due to coronary artery disease: 700 mg four times daily.